Donate To Our Building Expansion Fund
A Brief History
The Old Orchard Beach Public Library is located in the Edith Belle Libby Memorial Building at the edge of the Memorial Park on Staples Street, only one block from Old Orchard Street. The present library facility opened in 1957, and was made possible, in part, by a gift in the will of Frank Libby, former Town Selectman. It was his wish that the building be named in honor of his wife, Edith Belle Libby.